Biasiswa Penang Future Foundation Scholarship
Penang Future Foundation (“PFF”) started in 2015 as the Penang State Government’s initiative to aid outstanding and deserving Malaysian youths to pursue tertiary studies in public/private universities in Malaysia. With valuable contribution from the private sector and donors, especially the Penang Turf Club who recognize the importance of education and the need to retain local talents, PFF has awarded approximately 511 scholarships over the last 5 years. Selected scholars come from a diverse range of backgrounds and are enrolled in fields of Science*, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Accountancy and Finance (*Exclude Medicine).
Entering its fifth year, this scholarship fund intends to help the Penang State Government achieve our objective of building human talent. Prospective students may apply to be either a ‘PFF Penang Scholar’ or ‘PFF Mutiara Scholar’. Interested candidates are advised to check the eligibility requirements for each category. Both categories have different eligibility criteria based on, among others, candidates’ financial background and scholastic record.
‘PFF Penang Scholar’ caters for those with CGPA of 3.67 and above whereas ‘PFF Mutiara Scholar’ is available for applicants whose CGPA is between 3.00 to 3.66. Successful applicants will receive benefits that correspond with the scholarship awarded to them
Applicant must meet all the below requirements
- Minimum CGPA of 3.00 in STPM/ Foundation/ Matriculation/ Diploma/ UEC & equivalent; OR
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate course in Malaysia IPT with minimum CGPA of 3.00; and
- Household income not more than RM 5,000 per month (equivalent to RM 60,000 annualized); and
- Parents’ 2 years tax return/ BE Form must be attached
- Malaysian 25 years or younger; and
- Entering/ Currently pursuing full time first undergraduate Degree (fully accredited by MQA) in Malaysia
- Penangite or studied in Penang
- Academic achievements
- Good cognitive skills ie: leadership, communication, teamwork
- Recipient of state/ national/ international level prize/award; both academic and non-academic
MQA fully-accredited courses in Science*, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) and Accountancy/ Finance
*Exclude Medicine Amount Info
- Living Allowance of RM 500 per month (to be paid out quarterly)
- Tuition Fee not exceeding RM 60,000 for the entire course (based on actual amount invoiced by the university / pays directly to university)
- Award only takes effect upon execution of scholarship agreement and does not cover retrospective tuition fee/ living expenses incurred by the scholar.
Academic Performance Standard & Maintenance
- Must maintain CGPA of 3.00 and above at all times.
- Reminder of possible revocation will be served for any semester of CGPA below 3.00.
- Timely submission of the latest examination slip at the end of each semester.
- To work in any organization of own choice (private OR public sector) in Penang
- Bond Period calculated based on the value of Tuition Fee AND Living Allowance sponsored; one year of service for every RM 20,000.
- Minimum one year service bond, maximum of EIGHT years.
- Bond is served by period of actual employment in Penang.
Tuition Fee AND Living Allowance Sponsored
- Less or equal to RM 20,000: 1 Year Service Bond
- > RM 20,000 – RM 40,000: 2 Years Service Bond
- > RM 40,000 – RM 60,000: 3 Years Service Bond
- > RM 60,000 – RM 80,000: 4 Years Service Bond
- > RM 80,000 – RM 100,000: 5 Years Service Bond
- > RM 100,000 – RM 120,000: 6 Years Service Bond
- > RM 120,000 – RM 140,000: 7 Years Service Bond
- > RM 140,000 – RM 160,000: 8 Years Service Bond
How to apply for Penang Future Foundation Scholarship (Mutiara Scholar)
Learn how you can apply now Click here for application page
- Online application opens from 1st July to 22nd July 2022. Refer to the announcement at the home page via the link above.
- Submit application and supporting documents via online only. (Application and documents submitted over the counter or send in via post or email will not be accepted.)
For more information, please contact: Address:
IB II 2.03, Level 2 Komtar,
Penang, Malaysia.Phone: 042502170 Email: email@example.com
firstname.lastname@example.org APPLY NOW!!