Biasiswa OCBC Bank
The scholarship is open to students who have gained admission or are eligible for admission into first year full-time undergraduate studies at all public and private universities recognised by the Government of Malaysia. We also welcome first year students of these universities to apply.
If you have excellent STPM/Matriculation results with leadership and extra-curricular records, and are enrolling for a full-time undergraduate course, we invite you to apply today.
OCBC PUBLIC SCHOLARSHIP
Enabling bright and promising youths in achieving their ambitions
Why you will love this:
Pursue your undergraduate studies in your desired field, alongside meeting the Bank’s needs.
Opportunities to gain first-hand working experience in a bank through our curated internship programmes.
Excellent academic and co-curricular activities record.
Dynamic personality with excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
The OCBC Bank culture rests on nurturing and developing outstanding individuals through quality education, and providing them challenging – and rewarding – opportunities to grow to their fullest potential.
Apart from the financial aid we provide to cover tuition fees and daily living expenses, we offer our scholars internship opportunities to gain hands-on working experience.
The scholarship is open to students who have gained admission or are eligible for admission into their first year full-time undergraduate studies at all public and private universities recognised by the Government of Malaysia.
First year students from these universities are also welcome to apply.
We invite you to apply for a scholarship with us if you:
- Attained excellent Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or Matriculation results.
- Are actively involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Possess leadership qualities.
- Are enrolling for a full-time undergraduate course.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
What you will receive as an OCBC scholar
- Each student who has gained admission into a recognised Malaysian public university will receive a scholarship valued at RM12,000 per academic year.
- Each student who has gained admission into a Malaysian private university will receive a scholarship valued at RM23,000 per academic year.
- Internship opportunities with OCBC Bank to gain first-hand working experience.
Criteria to apply
- A Malaysian citizen who has gained admission (or is eligible for admission) into their first year full-time undergraduate studies.
- A minimum of 7As in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM); or 5As in Unified Examination Certificate (UEC).
- A minimum of 2As in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM); or 2 As in GCE A-Level.
- A minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.30 in Matriculation/Foundation Studies.
- A minimum CGPA of 3.30 for the existing first year undergraduate studies.
- Holds leadership positions in extra-curricular activities, societies, and clubs in school/university.
- Possesses a dynamic personality with excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
- Must not be a recipient of other scholarship(s) or award(s) from any other organisations and/or institutions.
- Family household income of no more than RM7,000 per month.
How to apply
- Application process:
- Download the scholarship application form
- Complete the OCBC Public Scholarship Application Form – Tab: Part 1-Application Form.
- Prepare an essay of 800 words – Tab: Part 2-Essay.
- Go through the checklist and prepare copies (softcopies) of all the required documents – Tab: Part 3-Checklist.
- Email the completed spreadsheet (Part 1,2 and 3), and the scanned copies of the required documents to MYScholarship@ocbc.com. Name the subject as: 2023 OCBC Public Scholarship Application – (Your name).
- Ensure all the required documents are in place.
- Application opens from 1st January 2023 – 30th June 2023. Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview session. For more information, email us at MYScholarship@ocbc.com. IMPORTANT NOTE: We are currently reviewing and updating our scholarship policy and application for 2023. Please stay tuned for upcoming announcement.
- Download the scholarship application form
- Applicants do not need to be accepted into a university at the time of application. However, applicants must provide the university offer letter at the time the scholarship is awarded.
- OCBC Bank welcomes applicants intending or currently pursuing relevant courses or field of study that meet the Bank’s needs to qualify for the scholarship.
- Applicants must meet the minimum requirement of CGPA 3.30 every semester for continuation of the scholarship.
- Applicants are not allowed to switch courses mid-way. They are required to reimburse the Bank if they choose to switch courses mid-way.
- Applicants can take part in the student exchange programme but subjected to approval. However, the cost of the exchange program will not be covered as part of the scholarship.
- Applicants are subject to avail themselves for employment at OCBC Bank upon course completion. However, if the Bank decides otherwise, it will duly exempt the candidate from meeting this requirement.
- The scholarship is tenable for the minimum period required to complete a course leading to a first degree. This is subject to consistent and excellent academic performance.
UPDATED!!: FULL SCHOLARSHIPS LISTING 2023 [SPM/STPM/DIPLOMA/FOUNDATION/DEGREE/MASTER/PHD] => CLICK HERE